This listing is for 2 CPO crayfish: 1 male and 1 female. Single CPO crayfish are also available in another listing. These sexed crayfish have the ability to mate with each other in a home freshwater aquarium!
CPO crayfish are one of our favorite invertebrates. They are much larger in size than dwarf shrimp (they can grow up to 1.6 inches long) and tend to live much longer, but are still small enough to comfortably live in a tank as small as 5 gallons. They are one of the most brightly colored varieties of invertebrates we offer, and their large size draws the eye right to them.
These are quite active and do not hide during the day like most crayfish. They definitely make an exciting addition to an aquarium and are a great way to get into invertebrates if you haven't joined the craze already!
Though the CPO crayfish is small enough not to be a threat to most other tank inhabitants, they have on occasion gone after dwarf shrimp, so we don't recommend keeping them in the same tank.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- PH level range: 6.0 to 8.0
- Temperature range: 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Fast-moving fish (such as Danios, Cobra Guppies, etc.). Cichlids can be aggressive towards crayfish and should not be kept in the same tank.
- Additional notes: CPO crayfish are omnivores and will eat leftovers, dead tank mates, and even fish waste. Dwarf crayfish prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow moss, hornwort, etc.). This is because they like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.
Seller Warranty Description
Live arrival guaranteed! If anything arrives DOA, please immediately take a picture of the DOA in the unopened Kordon Breather bag (Required) and I will replace or refund at no charge to you.
- These little crayfish have a beautiful and eye-catching fiery orange coloration that will add a burst of color to your tank! The coloration of these dwarf crayfish is EXTREMELY high quality - much higher quality than others on the market!
- These do not hide during light hours like most crayfish - they are very active and mobile.
- They are also peaceful and do well in most community tanks, though they occasionally have been known to make a meal of dwarf shrimp. I keep them in a tank with guppies, moss and live plants, and they never bother any of their tank mates.
- Easy to care for - the CPO crayfish feed on leftover food or almost any kind of fish food.
- All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
1 Male/Female Pair of ORANGE CPO Dwarf Mexican Crayfish/Mini Lobsters (Freshwater) - Safe for plants and most fish! by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)
- from InvertObsession
- Product Code: FTSE26211
- Condition: BRAND NEW
- In Stock.
$61.17 + 7.99 Shipping